Monday, July 13, 2009

What do we really know...

Have you ever been asked what you think of something? I mean, it's like you are really supposed to KNOW something and impart that knowledge to lead and influence people. What a bunch of bunk.

Do I really Know...capital "k" Know anything? I know what I think, I know what I like, although that can change in an instant. I know how I feel right this instant, although that will also change in a second. So what do I "K"now. Not much...not much at all. In fact the more that I learn, the more I learn that I do not Know much worth knowing.

There are a lot of things that I believe though. I believe that loving my neighbor is about the best I can do to show Christ's love to another human being. I believe that the principles that Jesus displayed on this earth are not necessarily what is happening in my life, or being promoted through many "Christian" religions. I believe that someone who is a very good Hindu may be a better Christian than I am. I believe that for me to become who God wants me to be, I must deny myself and what I want for the betterment of others. I believe that all of the above is very hard to do...

I believe that I love most people, but that I should love all people.

I believe that I need to live in community with you, not just live in your community.

I hope that my belief will match my action...

Love and Peace to all.

No comments: