Tuesday, September 8, 2009

There is no "or"

Either God will come through, or... It is something that I say alot in my head. My therapist called this "self talk." If you've been there, you know what that means. If you've read Deepak or a disciple of his, you know what that means. It's the self-affirming or condemning stuff that we say and believe in our heads about our 'self.'

Either God will do it, or... It doesn't really make sense. God is who God is. He will do what He will do. He says He will take care of us and care for us...clothe us, feed us... Help my unbelief.

1 comment:

Jack said...

You do make a great argument. This is also found in the theological notion of God/life either being either/or situations or both/and situations.

I believe a deeper and more meaningful life can be found in faith can can say both/and.